(The key to flexibility is indecision)

Sunday, April 29, 2012

So it’s coming to an end

Calving season is coming to a close, all the heifers finished calving about a week ago, and now there’s only about 30 cows!!!!!

My calf is doing great, she’s getting really big! And I don’t even think she’s been sick. I started trapping moles yesterday. I caught one today. I am supposed to be doing it out in the big field but I am not yet out there. Sorry I haven’t been updating as much as I should have, but I seem to be lacking in gusto :( Oh we had a 140 pound calf! And it is a girl, and she’s all black. Her mom wasn’t a big cow either, so I have a feeling her mother is feeling like she’s a feather… My favourite cow calved! Her name is M04, she’s this really fat, thick, short legged cow who is really nice <3 I just love her! But this year she had a boy so I was kinda sad… Our bull Yoda came in at a great wait! he came in at 814 pounds! He’s going to be a big boy. We also bought a new bull at a bull sale in Innisfail, he’s an Black Angus year old bull, his name is Lucy, he doesn’t like being alone, if you put him alone he goes crazy!

No comments: